Ghana 2018: CAF says no official decision yet

ADVERTISEMENT

The Confederation of African Football CAF says despite reports to the contrary, it has yet to make an official statement concerning hosting rights of the Total Women’s Africa Cup of Nations Ghana 2018.

Reports circulated on Monday that host Ghana had been stripped of the competition’s hosting rights following inadequate preparation.

CAF however in an official media release moved to assure the public that an official decision was yet to be taken on the matter.

“Following recent media reports, the Confédération Africaine de Football (CAF) authoritatively confirms that there has been no decision regarding the hosting rights of the Total Women’s Africa Cup of Nations Ghana 2018 scheduled for 17 November to 1 December,” read the CAF statement.

It further added that the report of the last inspection visit to Ghana is among items scheduled for discussion at the next meeting of it’s Organising Committee for Women’s Football to be held in Cairo, Egypt, on Wednesday, 12 September 2018.

A final decision on the competition scheduled to take place from November 17 to December 1 will be taken by the CAF Executive Committee at its meeting on 27-28 September 2018 in Egypt.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply