It’s another ‘Did You Know’ edition, where we bring you some facts that may or may not leave in disbelief.
Ready to be shocked?
- Scottish club Dundee United have a 100% record against Barcelona, having beaten the Spanish side in all four of their meetings.
- Carlo Ancelotti made a cameo appearance in the 2016 movie, Star Trek.
- Former Lille skipper Rio Mavuba’s birth certificate says ‘born at sea’, which is literal as the midfielder was born in the waters.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic was a bike thief when he was a kid.
- Since 1982, Bayern Munich have had at least one player in the FIFA World Cup.
- Roy Makaay scored the fastest goal in UEFA Champions League history, after 10.6 seconds for Bayern Munich against Real Madrid in March 2007.
- Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet speaks five languages and has a degree in Politics.
- Alvin Martin was scored a hatrick against three different goalkeepers in a game for West Ham against Newcastle in 1986. The defender scored his first for the Hammers against Martin Thomas, who got injured and was replaced by Chris Hedworth, who conceded the second. Hedworth also had to be taken off injured and Peter Beardsley went in goal, only to concede the third. The game ended 8-1 in West Ham’s favour.
- Former Manchester United player Alan Smith scored against Roma in a Champions League quarter final in 2007. It took him five years to score another goal, in the English League 1 against Sheffield United.
- Ledley King holds the record for the fastest English Premier League goal, after just 10 seconds in the year 2000, which is all the more impressive considering he was a defender.