The die is cast in the 2019 West Africa Football Union (WAFU) Women’s competition as the pretenders have been separated from the contenders, Naijafootballplus.com reports.
At the end of the group matches, a total number of 63 goals were scored, Nigeria leads with the highest number of goals scoring 22 goals in three matches, while Niger Republic conceded the most goals (32) than any other country. Ghana and host Cote D’Ivoire were the only countries yet to concede in this tournament.
As the competition gets into the semifinal stages, the real contenders Nigeria, Ghana, Cote D’ivoire and Mali would test their might while the pretenders Niger Republic, Senegal, Togo and Burkina Faso will definitely be on their way to the airport to book the available flights back to their various countries.
Host Cote D’ivoire finished top in group A ahead of Ghana with superior goals difference while Nigeria finished top in Group B followed by Mali.
Group Standings after the Group matches:
1. Cote D’ivoire — 7 points, +9 (Goals)
2. Ghana — 7 points, +8 (Goals)
3. Togo — 3 points, +1 (Goals)
4. Senegal — 0 point, -8 (Goals).
1. Nigeria — 9 points, +20 (Goals)
2. Mali — 6 points, +14 (Goals)
3. Burkina Faso — 3 points, +3 (Goals)
4. Niger Republic — 0 point, -32 (Goals).
Thursday 16th May;
Cote D’ivoire vs Mali – 5.30pm
Ghana vs Nigeria – 7.30pm.